Friday, March 4, 2011

Homemade Foaming Hand Soap

In my new quest for a healthier lifestyle, I read about making your own hand soap.  I tried it yesterday.  It was so simple and so easy that I almost can't believe it's better for you than store bought soap. :-)

Ingredients:
Castile soap (available on amazon; I found it locally at Target.  It was $15.99 for 32 oz, but I think it will last forever)
water
empty foaming soap bottle

Simply add 3 squirts of the castile soap to the empty bottle and fill with water.  It's that easy.

Homemade Soap





6 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Have you tried Dr. Bronner's castille soap? I have some of that under my sink-I might try it tonight! Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, that is the exact soap I used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is GREAT stuff! It smells so so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was kind of sad it's never going to run out because I wanted to try peppermint, too. I have almond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know they made almond-I have only seen the peppermint. How funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We should split them and trade. I know they had a lavender, too. I think there were several kinds.

    ReplyDelete